Rights and Responsibilities
We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them.
We run an appointments system in this practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to see you. You should not wait more than 30 minutes in the waiting room without receiving an explanation for the delay.
You will have access to a clinician in the case of an emergency. A home visit will be arranged as appropriate, for those who are too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery.
We will try to answer the telephone promptly and ensure that there are sufficient staff available to do this.
Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of ethnic origin and cultural beliefs.
We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
Your Responsibilities to us
- If you change your name, address or telephone number, please let us know by filling out our Change of Personal Details form.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments, and inform us if you cannot by using our Cancel an Appointment triage.
- Please keep your telephone calls brief and avoid calling during peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us so please contact us before you have been asked to do so.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Remember, you are responsible for your own health, and the health of your children.
- We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.