How to Register with the Practice

To register with the practice you should complete the online New Patient Registration Form, accessible through our Administration Room and Reception Room.

In accordance with Greater Glasgow and Clyde recommendations, all new patients should present two forms of identification which proves residency and authenticates their identity. This is required to reduce and prevent fraudulent attempts to obtain or misuse NHS care. Overseas visitors may be asked for additional information to prove NHS entitlement.

One form of identity must ideally be photographic such as:

  • Passport
  • Drivers License
  • Official ID card from Public Services body
  • Student matriculation card (current year)

Other documents for proof of residency that are acceptable are:

  • Recent utility bill (within last 3 months)
  • Council Tax document
  • Television License
  • Payslips (last two months)
  • Rent book/agreement (Public Body or Private Landlord)
  • Bank Statement (Name and address section only required)
  • Solicitors Letter- (Clearly showing name and address)

If unable to provide photographic evidence then you must present one of the above and one of the following:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce\Annulment Papers

The above list is not exhaustive and staff are entitled to ask for further proof if required.

Depending on the state of your health, including the presence of certain health conditions, you may be offered the opportunity to have a new patient health check. This allows us to gather any relevant information we may require before your medical record is received from your former GP.

If you prefer a particular type of doctor, such as female for female patients and vice versa, we will do our best to accommodate this. You should note however that not all doctors in the practice provide all services and specific doctors may not be immediately available.

Our practice area covers all parts of Renfrew and Inchinnan.

If you change your address or telephone number please inform the practice. If you move out with the areas covered by the practice you will have to register with a doctor in the area in which you are living.

Patients from Overseas

There are guidelines for patients from overseas which vary depending on the country of origin. Additional/Other documentation may be required in these circumstances; the practice manager or reception staff can advise.

Entitlement to NHS Treatment

The NHS is the UK’s state health service, which provides treatment for UK residents. Some services are free, others have to be paid for.

You can register with a GP Practice and obtain General Medical Services. However, if you have come from a country that has no agreement with the UK, you may need to pay for any hospital appointments A & E attendances and any hospital admissions.